This Belgian Grilled Endive Recipe is as simple as it gets!
Belgian endive (properly pronounced “On-Deeve”) is a uniquely flavored leafy vegetable with a slightly bitter bite that goes well with the smokey grill flavors.
What you will need for this Belgian Grilled Endive Recipe:
- Belgian endive – This is sometimes just called endive and sometimes called Belgian endive in markets, either is fine. Buy them only in the complete head of endive, not separated into individual leaves.
- Extra virgin olive oil – Always use extra virgin olive oil. The flavor is much richer and better than non-virgin olive oils and the flavors marry beautifully with grilled foods.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To grill the endive:
- Get your grill or fire pit going nice and hot. Lightly brush the grill grate with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Cut the heads of endive lengthwise into two individual sides each.
- Drizzle the endive with extra virgin olive oil. A couple tablespoons should do.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Throw those beautiful halves of Belgian endive on the grill, cut side down. Grill until just starting to get a nice golden color and some grill marks. Flip them and do the same on the other side.
That’s all she wrote! Er…I mean HE wrote…I mean I wrote! You get the picture.
Your endive recipe is done! Simply serve alongside your other favorite grilled dishes and you’ve got a delicious side!
Hi, I’m Mhen and I’m a HUGE fan of Food and Cooking.
Do you enjoy grilling sessions with your family while staring at the beautiful fire pit flames?
Flame Gorilla is the site to learn how to have that perfect backyard experience.