Who does not love to have good food? Starters and side dishes are something without which the meal isn’t complete; chicken being the best option as it is not only affordable but also it tastes delicious.
With the smoked chicken thigh recipes mentioned below you will be able to give your taste buds a great treat.
Smoking adds a flavour of its own to the chicken thighs. With so many easy but tempting recipes to choose from you will find yourself trying out each and every one at some point or the other. And I also have an article about Smoked Chicken Breast Recipes to make the summer beterrrr!
Smoked Crusted Orange Chicken
This recipe has the most luscious and mouth-watering marinade ever. It is great for people loving a sweet and chili taste. The oranges add their own flavour to the chicken and thus making them tastier.
- 6 chicken thighs that are with bone and skin
- 2 cups of orange juice that is frozen
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon full of garlic powder
- Any poultry spice rub of your choice
- The skin and the excess fat from the chicken thighs are removed. The pieces are then put into a plastic bag and set aside.
- The frozen orange juice, soy sauce and the garlic powder are mixed together. Care should be taken to see that no water is added in the orange juice.
- The marinade is poured into the plastic bag containing the chicken and smashed together so that it coats the chicken well. The bag is placed in the refrigerator and kept overnight.
- The smoker is turned on at 250 degrees F. Apple woods can be used as wood chips.
- The chicken is taken out of the bag and the extra marinade is discarded. The chicken is then rubbed with any spice rub of your choice.
- The chicken thighs are placed on the smoker and allowed to cook for 2-3 hors.
- When the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165 degrees F, you know that the chicken is cooked through.
Hi, I’m Mhen and I’m a HUGE fan of Food and Cooking.
Do you enjoy grilling sessions with your family while staring at the beautiful fire pit flames?
Flame Gorilla is the site to learn how to have that perfect backyard experience.