Try this simple seafood pots recipe and enjoy them with your family.
What you need:
- Large aluminum turkey roasting pan
- tin foil
- 2 dozen little neck clams
- 15-20 medium sized raw and peeled shrimp
- 2-3 clusters of snow crab legs
- 1 fresh jalepeno pepper sliced or chopped
- 1 table spoon of crushed garlic
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of white cooking wine and 1/2 cup of water
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (drained) or 2 fresh tomatoes diced
- dash of salt and pepper
How to cook this Simple Seafood Pots Recipe:
Wash all seafood, especially the clams (you want to get rid of all the grit), layer the seafood in the metal pan as follows
Clams on the bottom then the raw shrimp. Top them with the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro salt and pepper, tomato (make sure to spread these ingredients across the seafood do not clump it all in the middle), and pour in the white wine + water. Then place your crab’s legs on the top and cover tightly with foil. Cut 3-4 small slits on the top to allow the steam to escape.
Place on your gas grill or fire pit and steam for 15-20 minutes or until clams open up. Sometimes we like to add mussels, or chorizo to the bottom layer of the seafood to give it an extra kick. (chorizo must be lightly browned before you put it in the pot).
We love to serve it with fresh corn on the cob grilled in its own leaves, sliced lemon, and some delicious drawn butter
This serves about 3-4 people depending on their love of seafood.
Hi, I’m Mhen and I’m a HUGE fan of Food and Cooking.
Do you enjoy grilling sessions with your family while staring at the beautiful fire pit flames?
Flame Gorilla is the site to learn how to have that perfect backyard experience.