With these recipes eating healthy is a no brainer. Most often we eat food that are rich in calories and harmful to our health in the long run.
The food we eat are usually tasty, but they have harmful effects on our health. With so many unhealthy diets around the corner it is good to try and stick to a healthy diet from the beginning of this year.
With this in mind, try out these flavourful Grilled Chicken Wing Recipes and ensure to have a healthy diet.
The recipes are simple, low in carbs and mind you they taste awesome. The recipes use chicken wings, but alternatively you could use any other part of the chicken and prepare the same recipe.
The more you marinade the chicken wings it gives better results and it is best to leave the chicken for 24 hours or more. Get the temperature right on the grill and once grilled baste the meat with BBQ sauce or other rubs that will make the wings a crowd favorite.
Italian Marinated Chicken
The recipe comes with an unusual combination where Italian Dressing and barbeque sauce are combined and used as the marinade. Everyone will rave about the dish and it will be finished in no time.
Recipe from Home Cooking Memories
Awesome Lemony Meal
Great for a crowd and super easy to make. The chicken wings are dipped in the Lemon Garlic sauce after they are grilled. The sauce makes the meat juicy and moist and mind you perfect football food.
For the wings
- 32 Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 0.50 tablespoon Pepper
For the Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 minced Garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped Parsley leaf
- 0.50 tablespoon Rosemary Chopped
For the wings
- Preheat the grill.
- Dust salt and pepper on the wings.
- Place the wings on the grill and leave for 5 minutes.
- Flip on to the other side and leave for a few minutes.
- Leave the chicken wings until an inserted thermometer reads 165F.
To Make the Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Place the chicken wings in a second bowl.
- Fold about 4 tablespoons of the sauce over the chicken.
- Combine the sauce with the chicken.
- Add more sauce as you require.
- Serve the wings with the balance sauce.
Recipe from I’d Rather Be A Chef
Giant Hot Wheel
The meat is pressure cooked first and then the moist chicken wings are grilled for flavours. This is a unique dish with mouth-watering fruit accompaniment. The final product will not disappoint anyone.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 0.50 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- juice of 0.50 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 green onion
Pressure cooker sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1pc ginger washed and dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 basil leaves
Mango Asian Pear salad
- 1 large mango
- 1 Asian pear
- 0.50 cup bean sprouts
- 4 oil packed sun-dried tomatoes drained
- 3 chopped basil leaves fresh
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons Pomegranate arils
Dressing for salad
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons mayo
- 0.50 teaspoon Chinkiang vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fig balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
Garnishing for salad
- 16 leaves of fresh organic salad greens
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings with kitchen towels.
- Place the chicken wings in a casserole dish.
- Place garlic, oregano, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, parsley, onion powder, lemon grass, basil, garam masala, chili flakes, fig balsamic, yellow curry paste, lemon zest, lemon juice and green onion in a bowl and whisk well.
- Fold the mixture over the chicken wings.
- Toss the chicken wings and allow to coat in the marinade.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the wings from the refrigerator and place the wings and the marinade in a pressure cooker.
- Stir in the bay leaves, vegetable stock, sesame oil, rosemary, ginger, basil, salt and pepper into the pressure cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on stove top for 20 minutes.
- While the wings are being cooked in the pressure cooker, rinse and slice the core out of the mango.
- Remove the skin from the mango and slice into small pieces.
- Place the mango pieces in a small bowl.
- Rinse and core the pear.
- Remove the skin from the pear and cut into pieces.
- Place in the bowl with mango pieces.
- Add the bean sprouts, green onion, pomegranate arils, parsley and basil.
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes into slices and combine with the bowl of fruits.
- In another bowl, combine the sesame oil, peanut oil, jam, mustard, Chinkiang, peanut oil, fig balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the ingredients well and leave aside.
Prepare for Grilling
- Remove the chicken wings from the pressure cooker once the pressure has been released.
- Place the chicken wings in a BBQ basket, cover with lid.
- Remove the juices from the pressure cooker and pour them into a saucepan.
- Preheat the grill to 400F.
- Grill the wings for 5 minutes per side until crisp.
- Place the saucepan with juices on the stovetop and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low on one side of the grill and place the chicken wings.
- Baste the wings with the pressure cooker sauce.
- Flip the wings on to the other side and baste with sauce.
- Leave the chicken wings for about 15 minutes and remove from the grill.
- Let it cool for about 1-2 minutes.
- Place lettuce greens on the bottom of a platter.
- Pour a dash of dressing into the fruits and toss well.
- Place the fruit salad on the lettuce.
- Remove wings from the basket and place on the salad.
- Serve garnished with parsley and basil.
Recipe from Suger Love Spices
Moroccan Herbed Chicken Wings
The grilled chicken wings marinated with chimichurri sauce and jalapenos are seriously crisp and the best. If you prefer a chicken wing that is dripping with sauce this recipe is for you.
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsps red chili flakes
- 1 minced jalapeño
- 0.50 cup olive oil
- 0.50 cup red wine vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients excluding the chicken in a bowl.
- Pat dry the wings with kitchen towels.
- Insert the chicken wings to the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken wings on indirect heat.
- Flip the wings on to the other side.
- Serve garnished with jalapeno and chimi churri sauce.
Recipe from Taste Made
Country Ranched Chicken Wings
These country ranched chicken wings are flavourful and delicious. With this recipe you are on your way to start the grilling season. Just add a bit more seasonings to the ingredients, sit back and enjoy the flavours.
- 4 pounds. Chicken Winglets
- 1.50 tablespoon. Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Coarse black pepper
- 0.50 tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 1.50 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1.50 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1.50 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano leaves
- Half a lemon
- 1.50 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Season the chicken wings with seasoned salt, salt, pepper, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, chilli powder, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover your hands with disposable gloves and marinade the chicken wings.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl and leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill and place more charcoal on the bottom of the grill.
- Use an aluminum foil to cover half of the grill.
- Place the grill grates on top of the charcoal.
- With the use of tongs place the chicken wings on the grill.
- After 5 minutes flip the chicken wings on to the other side.
- Transfer the wings on to the aluminum foil.
- Take out the wings once an inserted thermometer reads 165F.
- Keep the wings warm with aluminum foil until you are ready to serve.
Recipe from Brown Sugar
Chicken Wings in Butter Sauce
A simple and easy recipe with bold and complex flavours. The chicken is marinated overnight and once grilled rubbed with melted butter and barbeque sauce. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoon Chicken Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon BBQ Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season the chicken with soy sauce and liquid smoke.
- Place the marinated chicken wings in a Ziploc bag.
- Fold in the seasonings to the bag, toss well allowing the chicken wings to coat.
- Secure the bags and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill and leave for 5 minutes per side.
- Flip the wings on to the other side to ensure it is cooked on the other side as well.
- Place the butter in a microwavable dish and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Brush melted butter and barbeque sauce on the chicken wings.
- Take out from the grill.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Recipe from Stay Snatched
Habanero Honey Chicken Recipe
If you’ve ever made your own habanero hot sauce, you know it’s a labor of love…Habaneros are not for the faint of heart. On the “hotness scale or Scoville scale, habaneros rank among the top edible peppers for heat content, boasting exponentially more Scoville Heat Units (SHUs) than jalapeno, chipotle, and even cayenne peppers. Many people opt to wear gloves when preparing habanero hot sauce, because these little orange peppers can irritate sensitive skin. And if you happen to inadvertently rub your eyes after handling habaneros, you’ll feel the burn – habaneros are no joke! If you like it HOT with a touch of sweetness, this Habanero Honey Chicken recipe brings authentic habanero fire to the table without the hassle of chopping the peppers. Simple and easy to prepare, you can easily substitute grilled chicken wings for chicken tenders.
- 1 pack organic chicken tenders
- 1 to 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Natural salt, to taste
- 1.5 to 4 Tbsp cold-pressed Habanero flavored olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 6 Tbsp organic butter
- 1 to 2 tsp raw honey
- In a frying pan, saute the chicken tenders in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until cooked through (about 7 to 10 minutes each side).
- While the chicken is cooking, make the habanero hot sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, and stir in the honey until you reach desired sweetness.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then add the habanero flavored olive oil.
- Add the lime juice to desired citrus flavor, and mix until emulsified.
- Remove half the honey habanero hot sauce and reserve in a small bowl for dipping.
- When the chicken is done, slice the tenders into bite-sized pieces, then transfer them to the bowl and toss in the honey habanero hot sauce.
- Let the chicken marinate for 5 minutes in the sauce, then add salt to taste. Serve with toothpicks and a side of habanero hot sauce.
Recipe from Vervana