The Ronco Showtime Rotisserie Oven is the most popular portable, countertop electric rotisserie on the market. They are easy to find, relatively inexpensive and they make great food!
Rotisserie cooking ensures even cooking so that your food is nicely browned on the outside and stays tender and juicy on the inside. It is also a healthy way to cook because the fats and oils drip off your food and into a drip pan, so your food isn’t stewing in fat. While some larger ovens, barbecues, and fire pits have large elaborate motorized rotisseries, these can be slower to use and more expensive. A countertop electric rotisserie oven like the Showtime rotisserie is the solution. Fast, easy and it produces great food. Here is some info about these rotisseries and their benefits and drawbacks.
Advantages of the Showtime Oven:
- Easy & Convenient – These countertop rotisserie ovens are relatively small and portable and they do most of the work of cooking for you. With automatic timers, motorized rotisseries, and adjustable heat, you can cook just about anything easily. I’ve made some very tasty dinners in these ovens with a minimum of work.
- Inexpensive – Compared to a full-sized rotisserie oven, a fireplace rotisserie or a barbecue or fire pit rotisserie, the Ronco Rotisserie oven is inexpensive and they come with all the accessories you need to start cooking delicious meals.
- Great & Healthy Cooking – As I’ve said before, rotisserie cooking gives you perfectly, evenly cooked roasts which are juicy and tender. Simply add the marinade or other flavors to the food you want, set it up and turn it on and the oven takes care of the rest. Rotisserie cooking is also healthy because fats and oils drip off your food into the drip pan.
Disadvantages of a rotisserie oven:
- Limited size – Because they are countertop ovens, the Showtime rotisserie oven is limited in size. They are considerably smaller than a full oven so they generally cannot accommodate a turkey or bone-in leg of lamb. However, the standard model can fit up to two average-sized chickens at once and the professional model can hold up to three!
- No wood smoke flavors – These are electric ovens with an electric heat source. So while it has good temperature control and even cooking, it doesn’t have the smoke flavors that you can add on a barbecue rotisserie or fire pit rotisserie.
- Models vary – There are three main models, as described below. However, different packages from different vendors can vary as to what they include. Be sure to check your specific vendor to know for sure what is included in the box. Or order from the Ronco website itself so you know exactly what you are getting.
Ronco Showtime Rotisserie Features and Models Available:
Most Ronco rotisserie ovens include a 3-hour automatic timer, a standard roasting basket, spit holder, drip pan, and heating tray. They are all made from nonstick, easy cleaning, dishwasher-safe parts for quick clean up. In addition, they come standard with an instructional booklet with recipes, an instructional video, BBQ gloves and a coupon book. Additionally, some packages come with a knife or flatware set, flavor injectors, diet and lean marinade booklets and other special accessories. Again, check your individual package to be sure what comes in the box! Most have a 6-month manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Standard Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ Oven – This is the basic rotisserie oven available almost everywhere. It is a good sized rotisserie oven for an average family. You can fit up to two chickens side-by-side and therefore feed up to 3 to 4 people.
- Compact Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ Oven – This is a smaller model, about the same width as a standard toaster oven but a little taller. It first 1 whole chicken so it is ok for cooking for 1 to 3 people.
- PRO (professional) Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ Oven – This is the biggest model available from Ronco. It can hold up to 3 chickens at the same time, feeding 4 or more people. This is perfect for large families or those of you like me who love to entertain.
- Other available accessories – There are several showtime rotisserie accessories made specifically for these ovens. You can purchase an extended 4-year service contract. Other available accessories include rib baskets, lobster and vegetable baskets, meat thermometers, kabob skewers, cutlery sets and stands. Check your local dealer or the Ronco website for details.