Looking for a Campfire Cooking Kit?
Camping is always a fun, adventurous activity that most people enjoy. There is nothing like the freedom of experiencing nature and hanging out under the stars while surrounding a warm fire. It’s a trip that offers a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Of course, the ultimate goal is to relax and having the right gears and tools with you is important.
One of the things that you need to have on lock is your campfire cooking kit. In whatever scenario or trip, food will always be on top of the list of priorities. Gearing up with the correct and reliable portable cooking equipment will guarantee a worry-free and successful camping trip. If you’re not convinced, then here are some reasons why you should invest in a good campfire cooking kit.
- Cooking in a camping trip is inevitable. You cannot expect to see a restaurant or a bread and breakfast in the middle of the woods.
- Cooking in camp saves you money. It is cheaper and more fun than trying to stop for food at a resto that you pass by on your way to the campsite.
- A cooking kit is convenient. There is no need to constantly worry about bringing your entire kitchen to the camping grounds. Your camping cooking kit can be stored next to your camping gear so you can simply carry it to your vehicle and not leave anything essential behind. Plus, if you have your own RV, then you can easily store them in it and never have to stress about forgetting anything that pertains to cooking.
- A camping cooking set will have every single thing you need to cook outdoors whether you are set on grilling over open fire or cooking on a portable stovetop.
- You can be sure that you are going to have food that is substantial, healthy and clean when you do your own grilling or cooking when you’re camping out with family because you are using quality equipment.
Now, if you haven’t decided on what equipment to get or perhaps you are thinking of getting a newer set, here are the top choices on Amazon when it comes to the correct and most reliable camping cooking set.
Bisgear Camping Cookware Set
Set includes: Mini Stove with Piezo Ignition, 1 pot, 1 frying pan, pan covers, 2 BPA free bowls, 1 soup spoon, 1 rice ladle, 1 spoon, 1 spork, 1 knife, Loofah sponge, Carabiner, 1 nylon bag.
Material: Stainless Steel and Plastic
Each equipment in Bisgear’s camping set can be stored together so this makes it pretty easy and convenient to carry and store. It also saves you a lot of space which is perfect for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnics and other outdoor activities. The stainless steel construction makes it durable and perfect for cooking over stove tops or flames. The folding utensils can easily fit into the pots for easy storage.
- Anodized aluminum pot and pan is non-stick so it’s easy to clean.
- Nylon carrying bag makes it highly transportable.
- Comes with its own mini-stove ignition for convenience.
- High temperature resistant handles.
- Not dishwasher safe
- Can’t be used directly over campfire.
- Relatively small pot and pan set.
Stanley Base Camp Cook Set
Set include: 1 pot (3.5L), vented lid, 1 3-ply frying pan (7”), 1 cutting board, 1 spatula, 1 serving spoon, 4 plates (6”), 4 bowls (22oz), 4 sporks, 1 dish drying rack, 1 trivet, 1 locking bungee.
Weight: 2.64 kg
Material: Stainless Steel
The base camp set from Stanley is fully loaded with 21 different pieces which completes any camping or outdoor meal. You don’t have to worry about storage or space since pieces are built to nest together making it compact and easy to transport. The cooking set is manufactured with 18/8 stainless steel so it is highly durable, scratch proof and rust-proof. Everything is BPA free so it’s safe to use.
- Easy to clean with just sap and warm water.
- It’s like a portable kitchen as it has every necessary cooking tool.
- Pans have thick bottoms for efficient, even heat distribution which is great for cooking.
- Round handles on the pot avoids scratching your hand.
- Plates are really small (saucer size.)
- Plastic wares are cheaply made.
- No mesh carrying bag.
Bulin Camping Cookware Set
Set includes: 2 pots with lids, 1 frying pan, 1 kettle, 4 bowls, 2 plates, 1 foldable soup spoon, 1 rice ladle, 1 cleaning sponge.
Weight: 1.49 kg
Material: Stainless steel
The Bulin 13 pc camping mess kit is ideal for 2-4 people to enjoy delicious meals anywhere outdoors. It is made from non-toxic aluminum which is ideal for safe, food-grade material cooking. It is high temperature resistant, rust-free and corrosion resistant which means it is built for long lasting use. The cookware set can be used directly on top of a stove top or fire as well as can be hung over open fire.
- Hard-anodized aluminum conducts heat quickly for efficient cooking.
- Heat-resistant handles for secure, safe and anti-scald handling.
- Collapsible bundle design lets you stack or nest cookware together.
- Lightweight and BPA free eating utensils and bowls.
- Not non-stick so it might not be easy to clean.
- Thin cookware and does not transfer heat evenly.
- Handles flop around.
Odoland Camping Cookware Set
Set Includes: 1 aluminum pot, 1 aluminum frying pan, 1 tea kettle (0.8L), 2 stainless steel cups, 1 serving spoon, 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 carabiner, 1 carrying bag.
Package Weight: .95 Kg
Material: Stainless steel and aluminum
Odoland customers always boast about how their products are worth every dollar spent as they offer items of high quality. The 10 piece camping cookware kit is designed for anyone who loves outdoor activities because it is efficiently portable. Its cooking pot and frying pan is made out of high quality aluminum alloy for durability, perfect to use for a long time. Everything in the cooking set can be conveniently stored and carried in a mesh bag.
- Heat-resistant, thermally insulated plastic handles.
- Anti-slip design for firm and comfortable grip.
- Non-stick Teflon coating for easy cleaning and durability.
- Foldable handles to save space.
- Kettle heats water in under 5 minutes.
- Stacking problem with the cups and kettle.
- Spoon, fork and knife are flimsy.
Stanley Even Heat Camp Cookset
Set includes: 4 stock pot (75qt), 1 saucepan (9qt), 1 frying pan 8.5”, vented lids, 1 cutting board, 1 spatula, 1 spoon, 2 trivets and 1 locking bungee.
Weight: 3.81 kg
Material: Stainless Steel
The Stanley camping cooking set boasts of its even-heat design technology. Their cooking pots and pans have a unique, multi-layer bottom so you can have even heating when cooking over stove tops, grills or campfires. Everything in the package can nest together to save on space and for easy storage. It is one of the best gifts you can think of for someone who enjoys the outdoors. It is also Amazon’s Best Choice among the Stanley camping cook sets.
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- 18/8 stainless steel makes it sturdy and rust-free.
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction with extra thick bottom.
- No mesh carry bag.
- This kit does not come with eating utensils or plates.
- Pot is too large for 2-3 people.
Overmont Camping Cookware Kit
Set includes: 1 pot (1.15L), 1 frying pan, 2 plastic bowls, 1 spoon, 1 spatula, 1 cleaning towel, 1 stainless cutlery set, 1 mesh storage bag.
Weight: 0.58 Kg
Material: Aluminum and Stainless steel
The Overmont 12 pc camping cookware is designed to be stackable to fit into its very own mesh carrying bag so you can easily carry and store without taking up a lot of space. This is the perfect gift for your loved ones who are into camping and cooking outdoors. It is lightweight enough and suitable for 1-2 people use to have a hot meal at any time of day.
- Aluminum metal is lightweight but durable.
- Folding cutlery for storage convenience.
- Comes in two colors: orange and green.
- Bamboo spoon (spatula) is efficient.
- Not non-stick. You need to rub oil before cooking.
- Kettle handle is not fire safe.
- Bowls are too small to eat in.
Wealers Camping Set Cookware
Set includes: 1 pot (6qt 10”), 1 pot (5qt 9”), 1 pan (9”), 1 frying pan (10”), 1 tote bag
Material: Stainless Steel
The camping cooking set from Wealers is constructed from stainless steel which is great for cooking outdoors over flame or stove top. It is lightweight enough to be carried for long treks or even a day trip outdoors with the family. The pots all stack vertically which saves storage space making it the efficient and convenient travel companion.
- Cookware can fit entirely into a tote travel bag for easy transportation.
- Pot handles are perforated for hanging and suspending over open flames.
- Stainless steel is durable and rust-proof for long lasting use.
- Cleans easily.
- Tote bag straps are too long.
- Only cookware and does not include utensils.
- Weak spot welds on the handles.
KingCamp Camping Cookware Kit
Set includes: 1 pot (1.5L), 1 frying pan, 2 plates, 2 bowls (250ml & 500ml), 2 Carabiners hooks, 2 folding knife, 2 folding fork, 2 folding spoon, 2 tableware bag, 1 carry bag.
Material: Stainless Steel
The KingCamp cookware kit is made from premium material which makes it durable and safe for cooking food over a fire or stove top. The stainless steel make-up is wear resistant, anti-corrosion as well as features quick heat transfer which makes cooking outdoors efficient. The equipment included are stackable and the carabiners will help you hang that carry bag onto your backpack for easy portability.
- Silicone bowls are collapsible and BPA free.
- Handles are made of PVC which will not burn or melt.
- Stainless steel tableware has its own bag for sanitation.
- 2 bowls are perfect for adult use.
- Pot and pan develop rust spots after a few washes.
- Thin-like material not good for frying eggs.
- Plastic, silicone smell from the bag.
Wealers Camping Cookware Set
Set includes: 1 frying pan, 1 steamer/strainer, 1 large pot with lid (6qt), 1 medium pot with lid (3.5qt), 1 small cooking pot with lid (1.5qt), 1 tote bag.
Weight: 2 lbs
Material: Stainless Steel
This cookware set from Wealers is Amazon’s Choice in all of the brand’s kitchenware sets. The outdoor cooking set are all made from premium 304 stainless steel which boasts of durability and longevity. It can be used to cook over open fire, charcoal, wood or gas induction which is perfect for any outdoor setting. The pots are highly portable so it is efficient and easy to take on your hiking, camping or RVing. Each cookware has been tested and are 100% safe for your health.
- Comes with lightweight travel bag for convenient transportation.
- Handles can be removed or folded to save more space.
- Easy-grip handles for efficient handling.
- Stackable and travel-friendly.
- Pure aluminum encapsulated base for even heat distribution.
- NOT non-stick.
- Damage set are sometimes sent to consumers.
- Steamer does not hang over pot.
G4Free 13PCS Camping Cookware
Set includes: 1 Pot, 1 Pan, 1 0.8L Kettle, 2 Cups, 1 Wooden Spatula, 1 Loofah Sponge, 1 Folding Spoon, 1 Fork, 1 Knife, 1 Carabiner, 1 Mesh Bag.
Package Weight: 2.1 lbs
Material: Stainless Steel and Aluminum Alloy
This 13 pc camping cooking set is something that you will want in your camp equipment because it is compact, lightweight and easy to take anywhere. Each piece of equipment is stackable making it an awesome cookware kit for backpacking, hiking, picnic and any other equipment since you have all the essentials in one storage bag. The pan surfaces are made with high quality anodized aluminum which is a food security material.
- Equipment features heat resistance handles to keep your hands safe while cooking.
- Non-slip design provides a secure and comfortable grip when cooking.
- Non-stick pan surface making it easy to clean.
- Pan heats up evenly for efficient cooking.
- Highly durable and not easily scratched, perfect for roughing it up outdoors.
- Cooking set is ideal for 2-3 people only.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Campfire Cooking Kit?
- Material- As with every equipment that you plan to use for outdoors or cooking over flames, you have to consider the construction of your cookware or campfire set. It has to be able to withstand high temperatures as well as does not easily warp or bend. Ensure that you choose top quality materials so that you will have durability, longevity and safety when cooking outdoors.
- Size- There are different sets of campfire cooking kits that contain 12, 14, 21 pcs etc… Make sure to consider the size of your party when camping. Do you need to cook and serve for 2 or more people? How much food do you plan on cooking or taking with you in your camping trip? Consider efficiency and size of the pots and pans so that you have a clear idea of how much cooking quantity you can have.
- Accessories- There are campfire cooking kits that only come with cookware while there are others that have utensils and ladles for cooking. You have to consider if you need the extra utensils or do you plan on bringing your own. Also, the accessories that come with you kit should be made of strong and durable stuff because you do want anything to melt in the heat or get easily broken when you’re hiking or trekking.
- Safety- Always consider handles and lids when cooking in open flame. Make sure that they are heat-resistant and will not easily melt when placed on high heat. You also have to make sure that it prevents scalding your hand when handling such cookware. Accidents in the wilderness or outdoors can be highly inconvenient.
- Portability- Is your campfire cooking set compact and can be easily transported? Does it have its own carrying bag? Does it stack or nest well to save space? Remember, the point in having a campfire cookware kit is to enjoy cooking outdoors without the hassle of lugging huge pots and pans. So consider your pack’s weight when choosing.
It is important that you have the convenience that a campfire cooking kit brings when you are going on a trek, camping or any outdoor activity. However, it is also important that you remember that the pots and pans will be built smaller or with lesser cooking capacity than your usual equipment at home. The sizes of the tools and cookware are always built to offer lightweight and compact features so do not be surprised if the ones you see are relatively smaller than what you envision. Over all, whether you choose a complete camping set or just a cookware kit, focus on making each outing memorable, fun and safe!